Representative Mike Chenault
Mike Chenault is a Republican who has been a Representative for District 29-Nikiski since 2001. He served as the Speaker of the House from 2009 to 2016 and is presently the House Minority Whip. His prior government involvement includes the Kenai Peninsula Borough School Board and Kenai Fire Service Board from 1999 to 2000. His occupation is Vice-President of Qwick Construction Company and he graduated from Kenai Central High School in 1975. He is married to Tanna and they have four children.
- HCR7 - Recommends the Juneau Creek alternative for the Cooper Landing by pass highway to protect fish, wildlife and lower constructions costs. Sponsor statement here
- HB143 - Naming the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation Building after Daniel R. Fauske.
- HB148 - Allowing the Kenai Peninsula Borough to establish life-and-safety response services along almost 90 miles of Seward and Sterling Highways.
- HB149 - Lengthens the time period for Board of Fish meetings from 3 to 5 years. Also includes Kenai as a possible meeting site for the Southcentral meetings. Sponsor statement
- HB168 - Repeals all statutes for Admin Reg Review which is no longer funded. Sponsor statement
- HCR10 - Resolution stating regulations will be dealt with by standing committees. Sponsor statement
- Protect Permanent Fund and Avoid Income Tax
- Statements On The Passing Of Superman
- House Majority Forces Unnecessary "Tax Working Alaskans Act"
- Alt. Highway Route Under Consideration Would Make Drivers & Fish safer
- Federal Budget Puts ANWR Closer to Development
- Alaskans Want To Get Tough On Crime
- Marked Progress on Alaska's Liquefied Natural Gas Pipeline
- Unbalanced Climate Team Will Cost Alaskans