Representative Colleen Sullivan-Leonard
I am a lifelong fourth generation Alaskan with a long history of family public service. I have lived in the Mat-Su Valley since 1996, am married and have 7 children.
I served on the Wasilla City Council for a total of 7 years, finishing up in 2016; my colleagues and I worked tirelessly to keep our government budget small, efficient and accountable to our residents. We also worked to keep regulations and taxation at a reasonable level to encourage business growth. Through conservative governing, Wasilla is now the commercial hub of the Mat-Su.
I ran for State House to ensure that our next generation has the same opportunities that were afforded to me. The effect that the state budget has on our economy remains a high priority for me. I believe that we can reduce the size of government further and that now is not the time to restructure the PFD or impose an income tax or sales tax. We must encourage economic growth by ensuring we have less onerous regulations and taxation so our businesses and industries can thrive and remain successful.
I hit the ground running upon arriving in Juneau; I will work hard for my constituents and to keep Alaska moving in the right direction by sitting on the Labor & Commerce, Health & Social Services and Transportation committees for the 2017-2018 Legislative Session.
- HB185 - Requiring the annual legislative session be held within the Municipality of Anchorage. Sponsor statement
- HB198 - Bringing the rate of legislators per diem in line with all other State of Alaska employees. Sponsor statement
- HB202 - Expanding telecommunication availability for the deaf and hard of hearing community. Sponsor statement
- HB210 -
- HB227 - Adding limitations and prohibitions to the contributions lawmakers can receive
- January: Start of session!
- February week 1: PFD's, crime, motor fuel tax
- February week 2: Taxes, taxes, taxes
- February week 4: Budget, SB91 & lobbyist loopholes
- March week 1: Road project updates
- March week 2: Post budget blues
- March week 3: Day in life of Rep. Sullivan-Leonard
- April Week 1: My bills
- June Week 2: Special session updates & more
- June Week 3: 1st and 2nd special session updates
- July Week 2: Size of government and taxes
- August Week 3: Back to school & other news
- February Week 3: The good, the bad, the ugly
- March Week 3: Operating Budget, Hot Debate
- Relocate Legislative Session to Anchorage
- After Series of Deadly Crashes Critical Road Project Restarted
- Statement on Proclamation From Rep. Sullivan-Leonard
- Rep. Sullivan-Leonard Stands with Sen. Wilson
- Rep. Sullivan-Leonard Seeks Indépendant Investigation of Sexual Harassment Claims